Exotic Maneuver
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Click Refresh to return to the homepage.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My apology for Solarion wipes.

Go down 
+2
Capote
Nexangelus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nexangelus

My apology for Solarion wipes. Empty
PostSubject: My apology for Solarion wipes.   My apology for Solarion wipes. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 6:22 pm

I want to apologize for the wipes I had caused the other night. I have done that fight many times and do use DBM. The problem is an Fps issue, when we grouped up like that and with the aoe my computer locked up to about 3 fps and couldn’t move. I went out and bought a nvidia 9600 GT and 2 more gigs of memory, Reinstalled wow and turned off all programs that load on start up. I have a AMD 64 3200 right now, I just ordered a AMD AM2 dual core 5000 with an new SLI board with DDR2 2gigs that will be in next week. Which I have been told is massive over kill and that my 3200 should be fine but I don’t want anymore issues and seemed like a good excuses to go over board. Also ran 3Dmark03 and scored 28,000, and for some reason wow is lagging on aoe. I have been working with wow technical support and they had my enable openGL and tweak a few other things to see if it did the trick. Internet latency check through Tracert is averaging 70ms so pretty good.

I am truly sorry for peoples time that I wasted and I hope that I didn’t make a long standing impression on everyone with my computers Misbehaver. This problem is solved.
Back to top Go down
Capote

PostSubject: Re: My apology for Solarion wipes.   My apology for Solarion wipes. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 6:26 pm

Nicely handled by yourself. Thank you extremely much. I appreciate this kind of attitude and just over all behavior.

Your a good player, your dps was fairly good.
I'm glad you value your time, and ours.

Thanks again, and don't worry about it.
Back to top Go down
baltasa

PostSubject: Re: My apology for Solarion wipes.   My apology for Solarion wipes. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 6:49 pm

just curious do you use vista? its been known to cause fps problems in most games, prolly wont be a problem with the new system but you would still see fps increase if you dualboot xp
Back to top Go down
Jatenje

PostSubject: Re: My apology for Solarion wipes.   My apology for Solarion wipes. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 9:34 pm

I love you nex. Smile
Back to top Go down
Brenah
Admin
Brenah

PostSubject: Re: My apology for Solarion wipes.   My apology for Solarion wipes. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 10:35 pm

I used to have framerate problems as well. Turn your graphics all the way down and shut down everything else but ventrilo.
Also Mobdeep posted some ways to improve FPS. I haven't done them myself but I've heard they work so might be worth trying.
Back to top Go down
http://www.granddesign.tk
Nexangelus

PostSubject: Re: My apology for Solarion wipes.   My apology for Solarion wipes. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 10:35 pm

Ok after a few hours of messing with bios settings and alittle overclocking, the issue was still present. I wanted to do this as a last resort but finely broke down and flashed my bios to the latest version, While this can lead to a new mother board or bios chip if something goes wrong. I would recommend atleast looking into it for anyone who is freezing/locking up/Really bad FPS for no reason. After the bios flash I went in and set it up, checked clock speeds and cpu voltage everything looked good. I noticed right off the bat that windows was running faster when opening up browsers and applications. So I fired up wow and ran striaght to the PvP que up Npcs in shat, I think this is a good benchmark for fps issues since there is about 20+ players *cough* Bots *cough* standing there. Where I was getting 6 fps before and almost not able to que up I now had 25+ stable FPS. This was a pretty bad Bios issue, I would have thought all my google searches on my Mother board would have pulled up more people with this problem. So for anyone having some major fps issues with exceptional hardware and up to date video drivers this maybe something to look into. I hope this helps anyone having issues.

Computer info:
OS= Windows XP 32 bit
cpu= AMD athlon 64 bit 3200 2 ghtz
mem= 3 gig pc3200 cas 3
motherboard= Asus A8N-E
Chipset= Nforce4
Bios version old= 1001
bios version new= 1013

oh and the new dual core hardware is still on the way, I didn't have the heart to cancel the order. I hope Blizzard ups the graphics in the expansion or this SLI setup is going to be major overkill.
Back to top Go down
Darkith

PostSubject: Re: My apology for Solarion wipes.   My apology for Solarion wipes. EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 12:00 am

I understand where you're coming from, my computer sucks balls too. I made it about 6 years ago, so it's rather dated to say the least. All my detail levels are at the lowest. I can't see shit on Solarian, I just press #2 every few seconds for shadowbolt and watch the boss mod notification for wrath of the astromancer (text doesn't seem to lag, oddly). The key here is to appreciate the fact that you recognized a problem, found a solution, and implemented it. Good work. Only downside is that you can never use that excuse again, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My apology for Solarion wipes.   My apology for Solarion wipes. Empty

Back to top Go down

My apology for Solarion wipes.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Exotic Maneuver :: Exotic Maneuver :: General Chat-
Jump to: